Residential Brush Collection
Regular yard waste such as yard clippings and leaves can be discarded in the trash cart (green lid). Avoid placing ricks, dirt, and other heavy items in the cart.
Bulk Brush Collection Options
Universal City provides three options to dispose of brush within the City. Please review the guidelines and applicable fees for each option.
***If you hire a contractor or professional service to trim your trees or rake leaves, then it is the responsibility of the contractor to dispose of the brush/leaves and can not leave for pickup.
OPTION 1 - WASTE MANAGEMENT BRUSH COLLECTION (no additional fee; residential only)
Waste Management Bulk brush collection will occur four times per year and is included in your waste services.
- March 28
- April 25
- October 24
- November 28 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
If you have any questions regarding trash, recycling, or brush collection, please contact Waste Management.
Please review the following guidelines to properly prepare brush for pickup.
- VERY IMPORTANT! All brush for collection must be at the curb by Monday at 7AM of the scheduled pickup week. Brush collection is limited to 6 cubic yards which includes both bags of leaves and cut limbs.
- Residents may begin placing brush at the curb for pickup on the Wednesday prior to collection date. Example: For the Monday, March 28th collection, residents may begin placing brush curbside as early as Wednesday, March 23rd.
- Waste Management will begin collecting brush on Monday and work their way through the City collecting brush during the week. Once the collection truck leaves your area, it will not return so please have all brush curbside by the Monday scheduled to ensure you do not miss the collection.
- In the event that WM does not collect all your bags/brush, they will return. Quite often, the collection trucks the collection trucks fill up and they have to switch out with an empty one to continue the route.
- Brush collection is limited to 6 cubic yards which includes both bags of leaves and cut limbs; trees trimmed by a tree service company will not be picked up. Before hiring a company, ensure they will remove the brush at completion of the job.
- Leaves should be bagged and weigh no more than thirty-five (35) pounds per bag. Trash bags should only contain leaves, grass clippings, and other similar materials. Rocks, gravel and soil should not be placed in trash bags. Small trimmings and grass clippings can also go in the twice weekly trash carts year-round.
- Branches and limbs must be cut to 4ft. in length, no thicker than 6in. in diameter and bundled. Loose branches will not be picked up. WM workers lift branches into the trucks by hand. If they are not cut properly, they will not be able to collect.
The clean-up event is a 10 day period in April and October for residents and to dispose of bulk trash and offer 30 mins. of free curbside brush chipping.
OPTION 3 - YEAR-ROUND CURBSIDE CHIPPING (fee applies; see below)
Year-round curbside chipping is available to residents for a fee.